Do You Have Anger? Well, I Have the Album for You

Nicholas Landing, Editor

At midnight of April 25th, the vibrant and loud Rico Nasty released her first full length project of 2019, titled Anger Management in collaboration with her long time producer Kenny Beats. Throughout the beginning of this year she has dropped a few singles such as, “Roof” and “Sandy” which have showcased her intense sound and personality. She announced that she and Kenny would be releasing the new project earlier this month and with a title like that, fans were very excited to listen.

The mix-tape has nine songs and plays for just over 19 minutes. In the first half of the album, the songs have many influences of the Metal or Screamo genre of music while the latter half is much more muted and takes inspiration from Lo-Fi hip hop. The stand out song is the first one titled “Cold”. It provides a very intense start to the album and sets the tone perfectly.

Anger Management is definitely her fiercest product yet and she has only been getting better. Many see Rico as a forerunner of the up and coming rappers and this mix-tape displays her versatility and swag perfectly. The vibrant female rapper is nominated to be apart of the popular magazine XXL’s Freshmen class which showcases new talents on the rise and this album shows that she deserves a spot on the list . There’s something on this project for everyone so I would definitely recommend you give it a listen.