The Marathon Continues -Nipsey Hussle

Angelina Acero, Editor

“My thing is that I don’t give no person that much power over my path that I’m walking. Not one person can make or break what I’m doing, except me or God.”

Nipsey Hussle

Ermias Asghedom, famously known as Nipsey Hussle, born on August 15, 1985 was a rapper, humanitarian, advocate, entrepreneur, philanthropist, and an overall influence to everyone around him. On March 31, 2019, a mother and father lost their son, a brother and sister lost their brother, a wife lost her husband, and children lost their father. Beyond the loss that the whole world felt, Hussle’s legacy is something that will resonate for a very long time. Nipsey Hussle was more than just a rapper who started off selling mixtapes on the streets. Crenshaw and Slauson was the intersection that Hussle spent a lot of his time as which has recently been renamed in honor of Hussle to “Nipsey Hussle Square.” A transformation from gangs and violence to an empire. Nipsey Hussle built his life based off of everything everyone told him he could not do, eventually, he did everything and more.

Nipsey Hussle was the definition of a self-made man. To many, he was an influence to the culture and remained as open-minded as could be. He expanded views, spoke his beliefs, and did his research with books and face to face interactions. Nipsey Hussle gave back to his community in many effective ways. Hussle created a business called “Marathon Clothing.” The location that he opened his store at is the same location where he used to sell mixtapes at, Hussle ended up buying the property and opening his own store in the complex he now owns. In a partnership with Vector90, Hussle launched a program called “Too Big To Fail,” which holds STEM opportunities for the minority youth. Hussle’s intentions for this program was to give the same opportunities to the minority youth that the more fortunate youth get. Hussle believed in the potential of his community and always represented where he came from. He wanted to build and create a safer environment for the youth. Although Hussle was gang affiliated, he spoke out in hopes to reduce gang violence in order to gain better alternatives for the youth and invest in the dreams of the youth.

Nipsey Hussle did so much for the music community and his community. The loss of Hussle was a universal hurt that many felt. This loss has brought many people together to remember the great Nipsey Hussle. Hussle owned everything he did, and he served the people he loved the most. He had love for everyone and saw the good in everyone. The amount of giving back that he did is so much more than what is known. A legacy that will forever be carried on, giving back and creating excellence. The Marathon Continues.

• The Marathon Continues -Nipsey Hussle

Entertainment

AriChella

• The Marathon Continues -Nipsey Hussle

Entertainment

Do You Have Anger? Well, I Have the Album for You

• The Marathon Continues -Nipsey Hussle

Entertainment

Jonas Brothers Unite

• The Marathon Continues -Nipsey Hussle

Entertainment

WINTER ASSEMBLY 2018-2019

• The Marathon Continues -Nipsey Hussle

Entertainment

2019 Grammy Tributes

• Entertainment

Valentine’s Day on a Budget

• The Marathon Continues -Nipsey Hussle

Entertainment

Arizona Association of Student Councils Weekend

• The Marathon Continues -Nipsey Hussle

Entertainment

Puppy Bowl: Recap

• The Marathon Continues -Nipsey Hussle

Entertainment

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Review

• The Marathon Continues -Nipsey Hussle

Entertainment

Journey to the Super Bowl

The Student News Site of University High School - AZ
The Marathon Continues -Nipsey Hussle