Tolleson Prom Fashion Show

Kaiden Fesler, Staff Writer

With prom season quickly approaching, the Tolleson Student Council Junior Class became the first of its kind to showcase a fashion show that promoted prom dresses, hoping to make dress shopping an ease for their student body who are attending the well-anticipated event. On Friday, February 22nd at Tolleson High School, this show was hosted in collaboration with the dress boutique, David’s Bridal. The event was held at 6 p.m. in the auditorium and entry was priced at $2 per person, covering the costs to view the dresses being showcased and including a coupon for up to $50 off from a David’s Bridal prom dress. David’s Bridal provided dresses that were modeled by a handful of students, exclusively Juniors and Seniors from Tolleson and University High, chosen by the Student Council Junior Class. The following models were selected: Melissa Ayala – Junior, Mikaela Bracamonte – Senior, Valeria Garcia – Senior, Janette Gonzalez – Senior, Andrea Hernandez – Junior, Priscilla Olmos – Senior, Alba Pedroza – Senior, Makiah Perales – Senior, Marely Rojo Perchez – Senior, and Lamora Williams – Senior. These models were chosen to do an excellent job of modeling a variety of dresses on Friday night.

Coordinated by Student Council Juniors Anahi Rodriguez, Nicholas Hernandez, Ana Castro, Kennethan Nguyen, Ally Perdoza?, and Jennifer Mosqueda, the Fashion Show accumulated a great turnout and was very well-organized. The Juniors greeted the audience and hosted the show, introducing each model to the stage.

The show began with model and Nick’s Menswear ambassador, Valeria Garcia, wearing an emerald green bodycon dress with a slit up the left side and gold detailing on the top half. Following Valeria came Melissa Ayala, modeling a blush pink, charmeuse V neck halter gown with a sash. Third was Alba Pedroza, modeling a navy blue high-neck crushed velvet dress with a strappy back. Then came Andrea Hernandez, modeling a black metallic embroidered cold shoulder mermaid dress. Next, modeling a maroon, satin lace-up strapless ball-gown style dress was Marely Rojo Perchez. Mikaela Bracamonte then followed, modeling a red V-Neck satin ball gown with spaghetti straps. Afterwards came Lamora Williams, modeling a red deep v-neck cold shoulder style dress. Up next was Makiah Perales, modeling an emerald green velvet scoop neck sheath dress with satin straps. The following two models showcased dresses that were not provided by David’s Bridal, but still gave the audience ideas of potential styles to wear to prom that the boutique could have. This included Janette Gonzalez modeling a blue, off the shoulder mermaid style dress and Priscilla Olmos, modeling a off-the-shoulder, two piece crepe and jacquard ball gown. Then, three models returned to showcase more dresses from David’s Bridal. First up was Melissa in a one-shoulder jersey sheath dress with cutouts, then came Marely in a deco beaded mesh A-line gown. Then finally, to wrap up the show was Makiah, showing off a long mesh pleated tank dress.

The Fashion Show was a great representation of what we should expect to see on prom night. All dresses that were showcased can be purchased from David’s Bridal, with the exclusion of Priscilla and Janette’s dresses.

Prom is April 27th and is approaching fast, so get your dresses now before it is too late. Also, stay tuned for a men’s fashion video for prom in collaboration with Nick’s Menswear, which will be posted on the Twitter account @TUHS2020.