2019 Grammy Tributes

Back to Article
Back to Article

2019 Grammy Tributes

Angelina Acero, Editor

The 2019 Grammy’s were very eventful with many special moments dedicated to influential artists throughout the decades. With tributes dedicated to Diana Ross, Dolly Parton, and Motown, the Grammy’s was filled with spectacular performances. With a female dominating list of nominees, winners, and performers, host Alicia Keys added more female empowerment with an opening speech including herself, Jada Pinkett Smith, Lady Gaga, Jennifer Lopez, and Michelle Obama. Carrying on, Alicia Keys did an amazing job hosting the award show as she performed and kept the crowd entertained throughout the night. Alicia Keys performed a medley of songs dedicated to hit songs throughout the decades.

During a tribute to the Queen of Country, Dolly Parton, many talented performers came together to sing Parton’s hit songs, like “Jolene,” “Red Shoes,” and more. Kacey Musgraves, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, Maren Morris, Little Big Town and Dolly Parton all performed during her tribute.

Beyonce and Jay Z’s new artists, Chloe X Halle, appeared at the Grammy’s for a tribute to the late Donny Hathaway. The duo performed their rendition to “Where Is The Love?” Their powerful vocals give the audience goosebumps as they belted out the soul classic.

When the Grammy’s announced a Motown Medley many people were let down when Jennifer Lopez was the one who was going to perform this tribute. However, she proved doubters wrong when she absolutely lit up the Grammy stage with her vocals, dance moves, and outfit changes. Lopez performed a numerous amount of soul and pop hit records in the Motown medley. She even had a special guest, Ne-Yo, who performed “Another Star” by Stevie Wonder.

To celebrate her 75th birthday, Diana Ross took the stage as she performed “The Best Years Of My Life” and “Reach Out and Touch (Somebody’s Hand).” With a crowd filled with smiles on their faces, the performance was a celebration for all of Ross’s achievements in her 75 years of living so far.

Although there were many other performances by incredible artists, what stood out the most at this year’s Grammy’s was the tributes. Every tribute was show stopping and so well executed. It is safe to say during the four hour televised event, it was definitely filled with moments that will last forever.

• 2019 Grammy Tributes

Entertainment

AriChella

• 2019 Grammy Tributes

Entertainment

Do You Have Anger? Well, I Have the Album for You

• 2019 Grammy Tributes

Entertainment

The Marathon Continues -Nipsey Hussle

• 2019 Grammy Tributes

Entertainment

Jonas Brothers Unite

• 2019 Grammy Tributes

Entertainment

WINTER ASSEMBLY 2018-2019

• Entertainment

Valentine’s Day on a Budget

• 2019 Grammy Tributes

Entertainment

Arizona Association of Student Councils Weekend

• 2019 Grammy Tributes

Entertainment

Puppy Bowl: Recap

• 2019 Grammy Tributes

Entertainment

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Review

• 2019 Grammy Tributes

Entertainment

Journey to the Super Bowl

The Student News Site of University High School - AZ
2019 Grammy Tributes