These 4 Artists are Here to Stay

In today’s day and age, music almost runs the world of media. With music being this influential, many new artists take on the music industry every day. Some of these emerging talents are not always serious nor do they stay around for a long time. But, among these new talents there are four that seem to have quite a long career ahead of them.

1. Juice WRLD

Juice WRLD a recording artist from Chicago has been making strides in the music industry this summer. His music can be described as emo rap but has a distinct sound from many other artists within this genre of music. He mainly focuses on how he deals with depression and heartbreak. In many of his songs, there are influences from a plethora of genres which makes him stand out as a creative artist. His largest song to date is Lucid Dreams and has peaked at number two on the Billboard Hot 100 and is currently on the rise. Juice WRLD is definitely a musical talent you should keep a close eye on.

2. Billie Eilish

Billie Eilish, a sixteen year old indie/pop singer from Los Angeles California. Although she is very young, her lyrics and vocal style can be quite dark and deep. Many have compared her to Lorde for her different voice and the vibe she gives off in her music. She generally focuses on topics like love but does not take the typical angle on the common idea. Rather than describe love as a positive, she tends to lean more towards the negative aspects of love. Eilish has cracked the Billboard Hot 100 with her songs You Should See Me In a Crown and Lovely which peaked at 93 and 78. With Billie Eilish still having many years left to create music, she has a lot of potential and is projected to grow much bigger than what she is now.

3. Ella Mai

By now, I am sure that you have heard the words “Boo’d Up, Boo’d Up” somewhere on your timeline whether it be on Instagram, Twitter, or Snapchat. Ella Mai’s Boo’d Up peaked at number 5 on the Billboard Hot 100 and was undoubtedly one of the hottest songs of the summer. At first glance, one might assume the British singer will be a one hit wonder but she has already had more success in her music. Another song that she has recently called Trip has been on the Hot 100 for 8 weeks and currently hold the number 18 spot but is on the rise. Like Billie Eilish, Ella Mai focuses her music on love but describes how love makes her feel happy and takes the more positive angle of love. Ella Mai is a versatile R&B artist who should definitely be on your “Feels” playlist.

4. Lil Baby

This 23 year old rapper from Atlanta has emerged as one of the hot new artists within the hip hop/rap genre of music. His music is influenced by a lot of the new wave of rap but he takes his own spin on it. Although his lyrics and flow can be quite generic at times, his beats tend to be much more structured and the quality of his music outweighs many of his other counterparts. His highest charting song is Yes Indeed which features Drake, peaked at number 6 with it’s catchy hook. Lil Baby’s music does focus on harsh topics often but in songs like Close Friends he talks about his feelings geared at a woman he was romantically involved with and had falling out with. His ability to switch through many types of music shows his versatility and my lead into a lengthy career. If you are a person who is into hip hop, I would definitely suggest giving Lil Baby’s music a listen.

The Student News Site of University High School - AZ
These 4 Artists are Here to Stay